The LCF3 Firearms & Tool Marks Comparison Microscope is a robust and powerful system offering outstanding performance, ergonomic comfort, and incredible versatility. Leeds has designed the system incorporating feedback from the first hand experience of forensic examiners.
The LCF3 is built with world-class Olympus apochromatically corrected optics, providing crisp, aberration-free, high-resolution images. The macro bodies, with a 16:1 zoom ratio and built-in aperture diaphragms, provide the examiner with 14 matched magnification positions to choose from. The optics are parcentric and parfocal throughout the zoom range.
Leeds’ technicians align all 14 of the click stop settings to assure that the magnification of the right and left zoom bodies are matched. This matching is completed using N.I.S.T. (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable standards and includes an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited Certificate of Calibration with each LCF3. Optional objectives are available to provide alternate magnification ranges and working distances for the examiners.
Low profile stages help maintain an ergonomic viewing position and places the X and Y controls near the coarse and fine focus knobs. These mechanical stages and focus units are positioned to minimize repetitive hand-over-wrist motions. The stage mounts are placed on adjustable posts, allowing the stages to be removed from the work surface, to accommodate large samples.
Features of the LCF3:
- Unified power and light control touch pad easily positioned by the examiner.
- Ergonomic table shape with improved height range providing examiners the most comfortable and ergonomic comparison microscope available.
- Sliding rear-mounted accessory post allows for easy attachment of a multitude of shelves, monitor mounts, accessory holders, and more. Multiple posts are available for more versatile configurations.
- New ergonomic table extensions dramatically increase table work surface and allow for easy repositioning, right to left. Features include classic anti-roll lip and soft neoprene-padded surface.
- Dedicated universal power supply with a six outlet power strip, including three switched outlets and three unswitched outlets controlled manually. This allows the examiner to link computers and lab equipment to the LCF3 without fear of accidental loss of power to other equipment.